Clapton Road haltDistance from Weston : 12.8 miles
The halt was only 0.6 mile from Portishead South, next to the ungated crossing of
Clapton Lane. It served the village of Clapton in Gordano over a mile to the south.
There was no shelter or platform here - just a sign and a cattle grid! The field
in the background is now the Portishead Show Ground. For location of halt see Detail
October 1930 - Looking towards Clevedon
Photo reproduced with permission from Branch Lines to Clevedon & Portishead by Vic
Mitchell and Keith Smith published by Middleton Press